A program is set up for health development of persons with physical disabilities ( 80% children and young, and 20% adults) via:
– training of NCCR staff and internships for university students on home health-care,
– comprehensive evaluations for selected persons with physical disabilities,
– offering medical care,
– providing family counseling,
– providing materials and assistive devices,
– providing psychosocial support and;
– developing speech-language functioning services to the physically disabled persons.
The strategy of NCCR concerning this program (which is running for 10 years now) is to diminish the number of cases treated and shift them to CBOs (with additional training) and to improve the quality of the care for all cases.